STARband & STARscanner
The STAR Family of Cranial Remolding Orthoses has been used to treat positional Plagiocephaly, Brachycephaly, Scaphocephaly and other head shape deformities in infants 3-18 months of age since 2000. Over 300,000 infants have been successfully treated with the STARband, the first cranial remolding orthosis with FDA clearance available to O&P practitioners across the United States and around the globe. And now, Orthomerica has received FDA clearance for the STAR Family of Cranial Remolding Orthoses for post-operative Craniosynostosis.
- Orthomerica currently offers the widest selection of cranial remolding orthosis designs available, each designed to effectively manage a variety of head shape deformities, levels of severity, and clinical indications.
- Orthomerica’s cranial remolding orthoses can be fabricated from a positive modified cast, unmodified cast, or a scan of the infant’s head using the STARscanner.
- The STARband® and STARlight designs provide total contact over the prominent areas of the skull and leave voids over the flattened areas to provide a pathway for more symmetrical skull growth.
- The STARband and STARlight bi-valved designs are effective for treating Scaphocephaly and other head shape deformities.
- Treatment generally takes 3–4 months, but varies depending on the infant’s age and severity of cranial asymmetry.
- Clinical consultation is available through our staff of ABC certified orthotists.
- In conjunction with David F. Jimenez, MD and Constance M. Barone, MD for their Craniosynostosis Endoscopic Procedure, Orthomerica has co-developed a custom cranial remolding orthosis, STARlight PRO, to treat every type of suture involvement.
Parents and guardians looking for treatment options, please visit www.starbandkids.com.
STARband Pattern Guide
Choose how to decorate your STARband with this Transfer Guide.
AAOP Panel Discussion Recap
Important updates regarding new clinical research supporting cranial remolding therapy. Read more here...